Mar 25, 2012

Society's Rooftop...Why?


I decided to write a blog to highlight society's forgotten places. The name was selected primarily because a rooftop provides an unfettered view of secret places or those places that are easily ignored by those on the ground. This blog simply provides another vantage point to everyday issues within communities.

I approach this blog through my own personal lens. I view the world through a unique theological and cultural perspective.  My paradigm is that of a theologically Conservative African American Evangelical. I enjoying viewing social issues from various angles and so with that goal in mind I will write about things that matter. Some might read into my self description and assume that they already know my view(s), but I would invite you to expect the unexpected.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, Kyle! You know, I love spending most of my time on our rooftop. I can always see all of the significant things and places that I haven’t seen for a very long time. Sometimes, I see people with different emotions and moods, which either makes me smile or breaks my heart. Maybe these are the main reason why I love staying on the roof. I can see the beauty and sometimes viciousness of the environment that majority of the people cannot see from the ground.

    Mariam Freame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your kind words Mariam. I love writing about society from a unique vantage point. I have moved by blog to wordpress... www.thecityrooftop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree! Rooftops are the perfect area for us to see the most amazing places or spots that we cannot see from the ground. They are also the place wherein we can appreciate the beauty of the urban, and stay away from all the unwanted noises caused by the streets and some certain dilemmas in our own lives.

    Randell Jeffries

    ReplyDelete